Tuesday, May 25, 2004

We live in the future

Walmart impressed me again this weekend. I know they're evil and all, but I'm a sucker for good prices. In particular, I buy all my shampoo and such there, because their prices are always as good as or better than the sale prices at the local Stop & Shop. Also their film is about half the price of the grocery store. So it's usually worth the extra trip.

Anyways, I wanted to buy a cheap set of earbud headphones. I have an old Nike PSA MP3 player that is very pocketable, and wanted to get something cheap to go with it. All my other headphones (and I have many) would complain if I just stuffed them in my pocket.

Walmart has headphones for $0.97. That's just incredible. If you're old-school, they'll remind you of the original Gameboy headphones, back when they still gave you headphones for free. They don't come with a case, and obviously they have no bass at all. But you can't expect bass from earbuds so that's ok. And at that price, they're almost disposable. What a wonderful world.